One of the easiest ways to decide if you would like to join, is to visit us any Tuesday night from about 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. and Saturday 10:00 AM. We are almost always here. Just give us a call they can make contact by emailing Larry7719@sbcglobal.net, or by phone at 661-589-0391. Like all model railroad clubs, we are always looking for new members, to help construct two of California’s largest model railroad layouts.
- When a person decides that they would like to join the club, they fill out an application, and turn it in to be considered by the membership at the next scheduled business meeting, which is every second Wednesday of each month.
- During the next six months the applicant should attend at least 3 Wednesday night business meetings and 8 regularly scheduled work or run sessions.
- After the applicant has met the business meeting and work/run session attendance requirements listed above, a vote is taken by the members at the next scheduled monthly business meeting.
- If the membership votes in favor of the applicant, he/she then becomes a member under the class membership that they applied for. A one-time initiation fee of $20 is collected at that time. The member then starts paying monthly dues associated with the class membership that they applied for.
Regular Member (ages 18-60) – $25.00/month
Senior Member (over 60 years of age) – $20.00 / month
Associate Member (must live more than 25 miles from clubhouse) – $15.00 / month
Junior Member (ages under 18) – $5.00 / month
Membership in the GEHAMS is always open!
We always welcome new members with any level of experience, all that is required is an interest in Model Railroading.
• The GEHMS enjoys an excellent reputation among the model railroad community in the Central Valley.
• We have a mature, well developed layout, that runs well. Having said that, we are constantly striving to improve scenery, modeling skills, and operations and we are also in the planing stages of a new, modern railroad.
• We have opportunities for both the beginner, who wants to improve his/her modeling skills, and the most advanced “contest quality” modelers. Many of our members have their own layouts, and a number are either planning or in the process of building.
• We hold clinics to help the beginners learn how to master the hobby, as well as organized visits to run on other model railroads in the Southern and Central California area.
And last, but certainly not least, we enjoy a wonderful fellowship that revolves around model railroading.